Thursday 6 September 2007

FIRST POST


Today were doing an excersis on trailblazing bloggers

My chosen blogger is Leila Fadel, the Baghdad bureau chief for McClatchy Newspapers.


url http://washingtonbureau.typepad.com/baghdad/

Its called the Bagdad observer

she herself stays in bagdad

Her blog is a mix of personal community, its not to serve the
community of bagdad but to show us what she is seeing in
the community since JUNE 23rd 07

Her first blog post talks about large group young children
being kept in atrocious conditions, and the state of
childcare(non existent) in iraq.


some random posts here

september 25th 07


The young man on television was probably 16 years old. But he looked so young, his face chubby with baby fat, his lips poised in a child's pout.

"Why are you here," the Vice President of Iraq, Tariq al Hashemi, asked.

"I don't know," he said. "They hit me and hit me and hit me until they made me admit to something I haven't done. What can I do?"

Hashemi was visiting the Iraqi prison for juveniles with camera men. He asked them to film.

read on...


December 22nd 07

The Eid al Adha, the festival of Sacrifice, started Wednesday, and Thursday and Friday.

The Sunni Muslims woke up the morning of Wednesday to do their Eid prayer and listen to the sermon, or Khutba, before donning new clothes and visiting family and friends with gifts and money for young children.

read on...

Publish Post

I do think th iraq was is one of the bigger oversteps of the line by ourselves to other countrys rights etc , thats reason i chose this blog.

I cant say how its cahnged over the years she has moved onto other projects, but throughout she seemed very unbiased jsut reporting what she saw( you dont really need to be bias to show how grim it is.)

No comments: